Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Importance of About Me's

Image result for about me class examples





About Me's are very important at the start of any class. As a future teacher, I would want to know as much about my students as I can. I think having students express themselves almost immediately builds a connection between you and the student as well as with their peers. Both you and the student will find common interests which will allow you to learn more about their personality and the things they love to do. It's important to not treat the students as if they are only a student; they need to feel like you are genuinely interested in who they are because that will only help them to grow. About Me questions are fun questions that allow students to express themselves and it allows them to get comfortable with you and the class. At the end of the day, it's important for the student to feel comfortable in your classroom and that will make them more willing to learn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment