
As a future educator and as someone who grew up always being tested, I now understand the importance of assessment. Assessment determines whether or not the goals of education are being met. Once they aren't met, the goals of instruction change to help meet the needs of the student and/or the educator.
A pre-test measures what the students already know about the subject, however a post-test shows what the students have learned and understand after the lesson is completed. Post-tests are more so for the educator to see what needs modifying for next time or to see where he or she can help the student struggling. The tests help to pinpoint where the students need help the most. Having this information is key for continuing with the learning process.
I really enjoyed reading your blog post! I like how you talked about how you realize how important assessments are. When your just a student you don't realize how important they are and you might think they are unnecessary. I also like how you mentioned what they are used for. For example measuring what the students know and learned. I like how you talked about two different types of assessments. For example the post and pre test and how they differ.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete